Saturday, December 6, 2014

#askpete : The Beginning




What do I do if I like a boy in the friend group but we're both not the confrontational types???

Well, one of you has to step up, or nothings ever gonna really happen, right? And if you don’t think he’ll ever bring it up, than it’s up to you to muster the courage to ask him out. If it doesn’t pan out, it might be awkward in the short term, but in this case, the reward outweighs the risk, so go for it.

Alright, so I've had my eye on this boy from afar for a while now. We both live on campus at my school and we've spoken two or three times (all of which were very brief, often drunken interactions), and at every seemingly opportune moment, he's been with a big group of friends. How should I approach him?

Continue to talk to him when you see him, and start going out of your way to talk to him sometimes. It might feel a bit awkward, but it’ll let him know that you’re interested, which is a good thing, trust me. If he knows that you’re interested, and he’s also down, he’ll start to go out of his way to get to know you also, and over time, you get to know him better, and then you can truly assess whether or not you want to enter a relationship with this person.


How does one capture the perfect selfie?

Butts?


Dear #askpete: my ex just started dating someone else. So that's shitty. How do I behave like a normal person around them? Do I behave like a normal person around them?

Sometimes, it just takes a bit of time for wounds to heal. Try your best to be as friendly for your ex, and be happy for their newfound happiness, even though that can be really hard. In reality, it’s not something you can really control, so the best thing you can do is focus on you, not your ex. So just be friendly towards them, and over time, that friendship will redevelop if you let it.


Dear #askpete, peanut butter or jelly and why.

PB, too obvious.


Dear #askpete, I’m a freshman girl who lives in willard. what should i do for fun???????? thanks! also, who are you???? pls answer.

There are coffee hours, and plenty of other events on the Willard listserv, and plenty of peeps post open invites to hang with them doing various activities, like play some GameCube, or go to the deuce.  Also, just hanging out with your buddies in someones dorm room can be a fun night in itself.


Hey Pete, will you go on a date with me?

Unfortunately no. Not because I don’t want to, but because I have to preserve my secret identity, but hmu my good friend Peter. I’m pretty sure that he works on Quaintrelle, but I don’t know what he really does…


Furthermore…

Thanks for asking these questions, keep um comin!! Also, if you want me to elaborate on a previous question, just message on the #askpete Tumblr account saying you’re a returning caller, and repost the original question as well as the follow up q. to ask questions, email hashtagaskpete@gmail.com, or ask anonymously at hashtagaskpete.tumblr.com. Stay good lookin sunshines.

Sincerely,

#askpete

No comments:

Post a Comment