Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Car Rides


If I had to pick one thing I missed most about home, it would be driving. I don't just mean the monotonous commute from home to school, or stressful freeway driving from Point A to Point B; I'm talking about those cool, breezy and dark summer evening drives with friends, iced teas, and (sometimes) recently-discarded cheeseburger wrappers from In n' Out crumpled in a pile in the backseat. It was on these drives that I really bonded with the people I still hold really close to my heart, even today. And, more, importantly, it was in these late-night car rides that led me to some really good music. Most recently, I discovered the band MOTHXR, who's lead singer is none other than Gossip Girls' Penn Badgley, with my friend Rachel on a hot August evening. Before that, my friend Amanda introduced me to multiple genres of music, like Ska and  Folk Punk. Without these car rides, I would never have discovered new bands to enjoy, or felt closer to my high school friends. 

Consider this playlist as a chance to take a road trip with Quaintrelle.

                  

Much love,

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment